Centralized Whole House System
When should I replace the Cartridges?
- When you turn on a second or third tap in the house and notice a
drop in water pressure.
- When the sediment filter cartridge Model DGD2501-20 appears to be
dirty, i.e. brown in colour.
- When there is a noticeable taste and odour is present in your water,
the main cartridge RFC20BB has to be replaced.
- Prefilter: DGD2501-20
- Main filter: RFC20BB
Annual Services Package
offers favourable Annual Services Packages (ASP) for users of
centralized water filtration system Model WH-22. The ASP includes
the labour and material for regular sediment cartridge replacement.
Cartridge Replacement Procedures
- Turn on one of the water taps, e.g. washbasin, kitchen sink, or laundry sink.
- Turn off main water supply to the water filtration system.
- Turn handles of both incoming and outgoing valves to OFF position.
- Depress red pressure relief button to relieve pressure.
- Use a wrench to unscrew bottom of housing.
- Discard used cartridge.
- Rinse out bottom of housing and clean housing, if necessary.
- Place a new cartridge into the housing. For RFC20BB cartridge, make
sure the gaskets at both ends are in position.
- Locate the O-ring or gasket in groove. Lubricate it, if necessary,
with a very light coat of white petroleum jelly (vaseline) to
- Screw bottom of housing onto cap and hand tighten. Do not over-tighten.
- Turn on water supply slowly to allow system to fill with water.
- Rotate the handles of incoming and outgoing valve slowly to ON position.
- Flush for 5 minutes with sufficient water to remove traces of carbon fines.
- Depress pressure relief button to release trapped air.
- Check for leaks before leaving installation.