The filter must be installed on municipally treated water, free
of visible sediment.
- Remove the shower head from the shower arm.
- Cut a 6" (15 cm) strip of Teflon tape (included) and wrap
it clockwise around the threads of the shower arm.
- Unsnap the LED cap by pushing upward on the lens with your thumb.
Insert the battery (included) into the slot inside the LED
cap marked "battery" with the plus (+) sign up.
Re-attach the LED cap to the housing and attach the shower
filter to the shower arm as shown. Hand-tighten by rotating
the collar clockwise.
- Cut a 6" (15cm) strip of Teflon tape and wrap it clockwise
around the outlet threads. Attach the showerhead to the shower
filter. Hand tighten by rotating the showerhead clockwise.
Monitoring of the filter cartridge
The filter cartridge is rated for 10,000 gallons (38,750 litres),
approximately 6 months for 2 people, under normal conditions.
The internal measuring device will keep track of the amount
of water that is processed through the filter. To activate this
system, the battery included with the filter must be inserted
into the LED cap. The LED light will blink ONLY when the filter
has water flowing through it. The LED will blink green through
the 1st 8,000 gallons. After 8,000 gallons the light will blink
yellow, indicating that the maximum capacity of the filter cartridge
is approaching. At 10,000 gallons the light will blink red indicating
that the useful life of the cartridge has been reached.
To change the filter cartridge:
- Replace the battery and push the reset button.
- Remove the old cartridge by turning the bottom cap counter clockwise
while firmly gripping the housing. Do not remove the showerhead.
- Gently twist the cartridge and pull it from the bottom cap.
- Push the new cartridge into the bottom of the cap until sealed.
Replace the assembled cartridge onto the housing using a clockwise
motion, while also firmly holding the housing in place.
A new battery will reset the flow count and the light will begin
to blink green the next time that the shower filter is used.