- Remove the existing shower head from the shower arm. (See Fig A)
- If your shower head has an integral ball joint it should be either
replaced with a standard 1/2" threaded shower arm or an adapter
can be used (see Fig B). Ball adapters can be purchased from
most hardware or building supply dealers. The following table
may be of help:
- Wrap about 4 turns of teflon joint sealing tape around the shower
arm threads (or adapter threads, if adapter is used.)
- Attach adapter, if an adapter is required, with slip joint pliers.
- Attach the Shower Purifier by hand tightening to shower arm or adapter
(see Fig C). Be careful to avoid cross threading when starting
the threads. Do not over tighten. It is only necessary to
tighten enough to prevent leaks.
- IF THE SHOWER HEAD IS REPLACED - OR WHEN INSTALLING A SHOWER
PURIFIER WITH YOUR OWN SHOWER HEAD IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT A FLOW
RESTRICTING HEAD BE USED. This is not only mandatory in most cities
but is necessary to ensure proper filter action of the Shower
Purifier unit - SHOWER HEAD FLOW SHOULD NOT EXCEED 2.5 GPM AT
The Shower Purifier can be used with a hand held shower unit by removing the
existing shower head and attaching the Shower Purifier to the shower
arm using Teflon joint sealing tape. Attach the flexible hose to the
outlet of the Shower Purifier as per the manufacturers instructions
for the hand held unit.
of the Shower Purifier to remove the chlorine will depend on the quality
of the water sources, the amount of chlorine and hardness
and the amount of the Shower Purifier is used. Over a period of time
a reduction of water flow may be experienced. Should this occur, the
Shower Purifier may be "backflushed" as follows:
- Remove the Shower Purifier from the shower arms.
- Remove the shower head from Shower Purifier.
- Turn the Shower Purifier around and attach the back-flushing
coupling (supplied) to the outlet of the Shower Purifier (see
- Attach the coupling to the shower arm.
- Turn on the shower and flush the Shower Purifier with warm water for
several minutes at full flow.
- Remove the unit and reassemble using Teflon joint sealing tape.
- The Shower Purifier is designed for potable water systems only.
- Do not allow to freeze or use with water over 110oF (43oC)
- Maximum water pressure should not exceed 100psi.
- Do not use in high iron content water systems that use chemical such
as polyphosphates, softening agents.